Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions

The average New Year’s resolution is balls. No offense to anyone out there (I’m lying: I don’t really care if I offend you), but I don’t really give a shit about the same old “lose weight, be healthier” blah blah blah that comes around every January 1. Sure, I want to get skinnier (who doesn’t, especially in our shitty culture?), but I’m going to do that the same way I’ve done it the past two years, and some resolution isn’t going to be the reason that I do. Sure there are a lot of things that folks would say I “should” do, but I’ve spent a long time doing that kind of crap too. 2012 was kind of a huge year for me (new house, new car and other things) and certainly none of it happened because I stood up on January 1 and proclaimed “I’m going to do x, y and z”. This is turning into a diatribe… so I’ll cut to the point.

This year, instead of the same old crap, I’m going to make resolution list this year that is completely awesome instead of complete sucksville:
  1. Get a motorcycle.
  2. Get more tattoos and piercings.
  3. Get more massages and facials. (That’s right, I’m publicly admitting that I like facials. Suck it.)
  4. Get back into MMA, particularly Jiu Jitsu.
  5. Spend more time hiking and camping, especially with the boys (all 3).
And don't call me a hypocrite - 4 and 5 are because I love doing those things and I haven't dedicated any time to them lately, not a veiled effort to "be healthier, more active, less lazy" etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment